Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"A" is for Applesauce


Jenny, you would be pleased to know that yes, we did make a pot of applesauce!  :)  
By far the cutest apple from the bunch we picked.  :)
First we picked a few of the apples off of our trees...


...and placed them into this box.
Ta-da!  Hey, it's that cute apple again!
Next we washed, cored, and cut them into eighths

Here they are in the pot, starting to warm up...
Mommy working on slicing up the apples
It's slowly filling up!
After the apples cooked long enough and became soft enough,
we scooped them into the above strainer,
and mashed the saucey goodness through the strainer and into the yellow bowl...

Go, Dad, Go!  Squish those apples!

Mommy and me and our finished applesauce...  :)
Photo credit: Dad

6 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! We will be doing the same thing next week! :)
    And O. My. Goodness. Jo, your apron is adorable!!!! I totally <3 it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm sooo glad you guys did this, Jo! What else did you do yesterday? And by the way, I agree with Sarah, I LOVE your apron! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm!! Looks so yummy, Jo!!
    And I must add to Sarah and Jenny's comment, your apron is LOVELY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with all of the above. :) Looks like a fun day in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so cool! I've never made homemade applesauce before, I bet it is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Jo, what fun shots you got!!! I had so much fun making applesauce with you, sweetie. Let's make some more on Sunday,okay? It's been tasting really good this week... :-) I've also been enjoying all the other tasty treats you've been making, like banana muffins and homemade pancakes... Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete