Sunday, October 16, 2011

Victoria: English Tea

Before I show my pictures from our tea,
I thought I'd show you some pictures from our nature walk...


This is the closest I've ever been to a cougar!  It was very exciting!!

There were also some adorable seals...
Dad looking through some binoculars...
...at this lovely swan in the marsh.
Then we got to walk the streets of a very old town...

Here's their dress shop.


Mom and Dad resting on a bench.
See the cobblestone street and the big red mailbox?

If you haven't figured it out by now, our little "nature walk" and tour of the the old town was really no more than a walk in the interior of Victoria's Royal BC museum.  It's a great museum (especially the third floor).  If you go to Victoria, and if you like museums, I'd recommend this one.  :)

Now for our tea...
Our first course of fruit.
Strawberries and Whipped Cream...mmmmm...

Here we are!  See the three-tiered tray?  They brought that out (along with the tea) after we were done with our fruit.  On the bottom were sandwiches, the middle had scones, and the upper one had an assortment of little desserts (in actuality, everything we ate was like dessert).
We started with sandwiches.  They were delicious!  They included:
Egg salad on croissant
Cucumber and cream cheese (with dill) on sourdough
Hummus on brown bread
Tomato and Cucumber on wheat (which was so good that I gobbled it up before I took a picture of it :)
and
Tomato and onion on a crunchy round piece of bread (no idea what kind it was)

Delicious tea!  It was called The Empress Tea...

Momma


Me
Daddy
First the tea...

...then the sugar...

...and finally the cream...





One of the desserts from the top tier.  This was an extremely odd "dessert".
The pink stuff tasted a LOT like Play-Doh.
And believe me, I know Play-Doh when I taste it.  :P





Here's what the tea room looks like looking in through the doors.  


And thus concludes the series of pictures from our trip to Victoria, British Columbia.  
Now I am back in the good ol' US of A
where toilets are called "restrooms" and instead of "washrooms",
where people say "Zee" instead of "Zed",
and where I can understand distances once again.
Ah, America.  Home, sweet Home...  :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks lovely!! Great pictures - the nature shots are beautiful, and I loved your tea photos!
    I'm glad you had a good time, but I'm really glad you're back here also!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are gorgeous (as usual:)! A dessert rapped in play-dough... how interesting. :) Looks like a bunch of fun Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh looks like so much fun! I will definitely remember these places if I ever make a trip to Canada..I especially like the little tray full of goodies! Beautiful pictures!

    (By the way, did you notice anyone saying "ay" up there? Hee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely, Jo! It all looks so beautifully dainty! *sigh* A girl's paradise...
    But I am really intrigued by the Playdough dessert. Was it some kind of marzipan, or what??

    ReplyDelete